Mac.xpl Not Starting
MacOS Catalina introduced a variety of new security protocols for applications that some developers are still working to comply with. This may produce an error during the X-Plane start-up process that references a Mac.xpl file. There is a way to resolve this in the System Preferences of your Mac. Follow the instructions below to get back in the air!
- Open X-Plane and wait for the mac.xpl errors to appear.
- Close the app
- Open System Preferences
- Choose Security & Privacy
- Look to see if there is a message in this window about "mac.xpl" (see below)
- If there is a message about this, please click "Allow Anyway"
- Restart X-Plane to see if the error message has been resolved.
- You may need to follow this process several times to allow each of your plugins to run.