Tips on using the X-Plane 11.50 Beta
Here are a few notes on using the X-Plane 11.50 beta on your home simulator. You can find our full release notes here. If you need direction on how to download the beta, you can find this here.
- The first time that you launch X-Plane 11.50 using Vulkan or Metal, the load time may be quite long. This is because X-Plane is doing all sorts of work in the background preparing for the good times to come.
- Windows 7 does not support the Vulkan API.
- You may need to update your graphics drivers for this new version of X-Plane. Here is some more information on how to do this.
- It's always a good idea to save a back up of the X-Plane 11 folder when you are trying a new beta.
- Intel GPUs are not yet supported for Vulkan in X-Plane.